Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pyrenees, Oktoberfest, and More!

Wow where has the time gone! The past week has been crazy! Last Thursday night all our roommates went out to a great dinner at a restaurant called Princessa 23. We have been talking about it for weeks now. It had great American style tapas at a great price. There were chicken wings, hummus, nachos, and much much more. It was a really fun not with great drinks and food. Then the following weekend we went on an overnight trip to the Pyrenees mountains. It was a 4 hour bus ride there and when we got there it was pouring rain and cold. We stayed in a little village with not much to do. We saw two beautiful churches and then went out for a group dinner. We then woke up early to head on our hike...Remember when I said I was excited for the hike? Well I think saying that was a little premature. The hike was very long and not as easy as they said it would be. It did end up being beautiful and we saw tons of cows and a beautiful lake. We then headed back to Barcelona and it was funny how much the city started to feel like home. Once back in Barcelona, my roommates and I decided we needed a fun night out. We went to this fun club called Elephant. We had been there before, but I think this night was especially fun because we had been away from Barcelona for what seemed like forever. The following day we went to the beach. After that it was just a regular week. Class, gym, walking around Barcelona a few nights we stayed in and cooked and my roommate Danielle made some AWESOME meals! It's hard to remember everything that has happened so I really need to make sure I blog every day. This past weekend was Oktoberfest! We left for Munich at 6 am Friday morning to learn that our flight was two hours delayed. The flight to Germany was only 2 hours and we got to the airport and got on a train. The little bit of Munich we saw was very cool. It is very modern, but then when we took the train to our hotel we saw a much more rural area. Our hotel ended up being a little off the beaten path and it was difficult figuring out how to get there, but we finally made it. We got to the hotel changed and then headed to Oktoberfest. It was gorgeous weather and very fun! We got there around 4 pm and walked around for a bit. What I don't think most people know is that Oktoberfest is very much like a carnival. There were tons of rides, food, and games. There were lots of families dressed up in German outfits with kids running all over the place. Then around 5 we headed over to the Lowenbrau tent. A family a babysit for was able to hook us up with VIP passes. When we walked into the tent and to the VIP area the guy was a little skeptical to let us in. The area was difficult to get into because it was all adults and it was funny to see a bunch of 20 year old girls there. We finally got in and got our own table with free food and beer. It was awesome! We stayed there till about 8ish and it was time for some of us to head to bed. Hannah and I fell asleep as soon as we got back to the hotel and ended up sleeping in till 11, which was a big mistake. It was pouring down rain and very cold when we got there. All our friends had woken up at 8am to get into the tent and so we were stuck standing outside waiting. Inside the tents is where you get the big mugs of beer to drink and it is just filled with people who are singing and cheering. After three hours of waiting we finally got in and had an awesome afternoon. Over the weekend, I ran into a bunch of random friends from New Jersey. It was so strange, but really exciting. The whole time we were in Germany we kept saying "Can you believe we are in Germany?!" The whole experience was surreal. Im happy to be back in Barcelona, it really feels like home, but I am looking forward to the other weekend trips in the future. I feel so blessed to have this experience and sometimes I have to pinch myself to belief that I'm living in Spain. Anyway, I'm exhausted and heading to bed. I'm sure that this post has tons of errors in it, I'm just to tired to edit it! Goodnight!

P.S. I'm having trouble uploading pictures, but I'll post some soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment